DLR GfR mbH is a company providing reliable, safe and secure aerospace services. We operate and manage the constellation of Galileo satellites in the Galileo Control Center Oberpfaffenhofen on behalf of the European Commission. In addition, we are an Air Navigation Service Provider. Based on our aerospace expertise we are developing highly accurate and manufacturer-independent services for communication, navigation and surveillance (CNS).
Our company headquarters is located in an area widely known as a holiday destination - the five-lakes region in Upper Bavaria near Munich. At the space industry location in Oberpfaffenhofen, our growing team of 170 employees work every day in international and interdisciplinary teams on the navigation of the future. Become a part of us!
In our Operations Department in Oberpfaffenhofen near Munich we offer the following career option as
GSOp Spacecraft Engineering Manager
The DLR GfR Operations Department is looking for a Spacecraft Engineering Manager within Galileo GSOp Flight Engineering. The position is located in the DLR GfR Operations Department inside the Space Group.
The GSOp Spacecraft Engineering Manager is one out of two key roles, together with the Spacecraft Operations Manager, managing and coordinating the entire Flight Control Team with all related tasks and duties. The role is an 8/5 role without on-call duties. The work has to be strictly carried out according to the GSOp requirements and within the budgetary framework laid out by the GSOp Project/Subproject Manager, providing the activities as a Service to the customer.
- Specific responsible role for all L11 LEOP Flight Operations Concept and Preparation Activities
- General Launch campaign preparation (FOP, deliverables, SCTCs, Timeline, etc.)
- Trend reporting / reports screening/ delivery preparation for Routine Constellation
- ARB for IOV and FOC preparation/ participation + SSEG maintenance management
- Driving major process improvements (e.g. FOPGAM update, Automatic operations concepts, mission concept)
- Chairing of the FCT Coordination meeting together with the SOM
- FOP Release Management
- Database Analyst Team management
- Inputs to QPR executive summary
- Support/ follow up the development of future spacecraft related projects
- OPS Tools (outside GSOP, e.g. VMT) coordination/ follow up
- Long Term Experience in Galileo Spacecraft Operations Execution (LEOP, Commissioning, Routine, Contingency)
- Long Term Experience in Galileo Spacecraft Operations Engineering
- Well advanced skills in technical team/task coordination
- Decision making capability
- Service oriented and problem solution working style
- Experience in customer relationship in EU/ECspace programs
- Fluent English