DLR GfR mbH is a company providing reliable, safe and secure aerospace services. We operate and manage the constellation of Galileo satellites in the Galileo Control Center Oberpfaffenhofen on behalf of the European Commission. In addition, we are an Air Navigation Service Provider. Based on our aerospace expertise we are developing highly accurate and manufacturer-independent services for communication, navigation and surveillance (CNS).
Our company headquarters is located in the five-lakes region in Upper Bavaria near Munich, a place where other people enjoy their holidays. At the space industry location in Oberpfaffenhofen, our approx. 160 employees work every day in international and interdisciplinary teams on the navigation of the future. Become a part of us!
Inside of the Galileo-Project in the Training Team we offer the following career option:
Galileo Operations Training Manager
The Training Team is responsible for the entire Training and Certification Program for all Operations Roles at both Galileo Control Center in Germany (GCC-D) and Italy (GCC-I) concerning the constellation operations.
We are looking for a talented Training Manager who can continue the existing training program and contribute with knowledge and passion to its evolution. The ideal candidate for the position will have proven experience in Space Operations environment (preferably with knowledge of Galileo) and holding best case training methods expertise.
You will be offered a stable and long term opportunity to work in an international environment at the heart of one of Europe’s flagship programs. You can look forward to an Employer who will value your engagement and who fosters your development through further qualifications and training. Our unique working environment provides space for work autonomy.
- Management, coordination and execution of the training activities for all operations personnel
- Development and maintenance of training and qualification plans for all operations personnel
- Development of new training material and update of the existing training lessons as needed
- Organization and management of trainee’s certification boards
- Preparation and conduction of simulations including simulation´s briefing and de-briefing
- Conduction of individual feedback sessions with simulation´s attendees
- Interface with Spaceopal and external parties
- Interface with DLR GfR management
- Regular preparation and update of documentation and input to Spaceopal for training reports (i.e. scorecards, training plan, certification records, training need analysis, etc..).
- Management of the GCC-D training team
- Master´s degree in engineering or equivalent (preferably in the fields of aerospace technology or equivalent)
- Extensive experience with satellite navigation
- Ideally several years of experience in training operations
- Ideally Several years of experience in team management
- Very good social skills
- Flexibility and ability to react to very dynamic environment
- Experience in developing and delivering training material.
- Experience with training simulator, preferably with Galileo Spacecraft Simulator
- Very good written and spoken English
- Experience in Galileo Operations will be an advantage